a) Students seeking admission into the College hostel are required to apply in the prescribed form so as to reach the Principal within specified date. The candidates shall have to appear before a Selection Board which shall consist of the Superintendent, as the Chairman and two members of the teaching staff, nominated by the Principal for admission into the college hostel. Seats will be allotted by the Superintendent to those who produce receipts of admission to the hostel office, Past boarders may be admitted into the hostel, if there past conduct was satisfactory A boarder has to sign an undertaking if he is a major or give an undertaking from his father or natural guardian, if he is a miner at the time of admission in the College hostel to the effect that he will obey the Hostel Rules as laid down in the College Calendar. No student will be allowed to live in the hostel temporarily for more than 12 hours without the prior permission of the Superintendent.
b) Withdrawal from the hostel requires the sanction of the Principal. Application for withdrawal should be made by the guardian. No boarder will be allowed to leave the hostel without the prior permission of the Superintendent. (Who will ascertain that all dues to the hostel are paid before leaving).
c) Boarders who will join the hostel after the puja vacation will have to pay their dues from the month of October to May (both inclusive) and those who will join the hostel after the X-mass will pay their dues from the month of January to May( both months inclusive). Boarders leaving the hostel after the X-mass holidays will pay hostel dues excluding mess dues, for the remaining months. In all cases a hostel remains closed during the Puja vacation, X-mass holidays and Summer Vacation. Boarders wishing to remain in the hostel during the vacation should obtain a special permission from the Superintendent. For the other College examinations the boarders may be allowed to stay for part of vacation with prior permission of the Superintendent and the Principal on payment of hostel and other dues in advance for the period they stay. Boarders are responsible for the safe keeping of the furniture and electrical goods supplied to them and are liable to pay damage charges.
1. No boarder shall be absent from the hostel during the study hours(from 7 A.M. to 9 A.M. and from 7 P.M to 9.30 P.M.) after the night roll call at 10.30 P.M. without the prior permission of the Superintendent. A boarder can leave the hostel temporarily in an emergency case after giving sufficient ground in the log book maintained in the Hostel.
2. During the study hours the boarders are expected to be in their seats and in no case should they cause disturbance to others by any action what-so-over.
3. There will be a roll-call after 15 minutes of the commencement of the study hours in the evening. The perfect will conduct the roll-call.
4. The prefect will be nominated by the Superintendent and will be in charge of the discipline of the boarders and the general cleanliness of the hostel words.
' 5. Boarders in all cases should obtain permission of the Superintendent and the Principal before they take part in any association of meeting, outside the College. All movements, in fact, by the student whether for calling a meeting or circulating a notice or raising subscription must receive the prior permission of the superintendent.
6. The Superintendent has the power of censoring all reading materials brought into the hostel. The introduction of or keeping any objectionable matter and such things in the hostel will be regarded as a breach of discipline. All cases of gross misconduct should be reported to the Principal.
7. The Superintendent will maintain a conduct register of the boarders in which records of all fines and punishment will be maintained Gross misconduct of a boarder will render him liable to have his name entered in the Conduct Register maintained in the College.
8. The following will be considered as the breaches of discipline and will be dealt with fines and to the extent of removing a boarder from the hostel
a) Absence from hostel without leave.
b) Continued neglect of studies.
c) Want of cleanliness & tidiness in the room.
d) Frequent absence from the hostel during the study hours.
e) Singing or playing any musical instrument except during the specified hours.
f) Holding of any meeting in the hostel without permission of the Superintendent or discussion on any subject in the meeting not previously approved by the Superintendent.